Saturday, December 19, 2009

Planning Ahead?

"You want to make God laugh. Tell him your plans." -- anonymous


This quote was today's inspiration in my "Runner's Book of Daily Inspiration." The notes that went with the quote discussed how as runners, we make plans, set goals and sometimes life happens.

Life has certainly happened this year.

Many things I planned for 2009 did not happen. Not for a lack of want, nor due to poor goal-setting; they just didn't happen.

It seems that at times, we plan and plan and plan, and God says, "I am still in control."


As 2009 is coming to an end, I have been reevaluating and planning for 2010. These goals are goals. I know some will not be accomplished, but they will be strived for and in this, I will become stronger, as an athlete and a person.

I look forward to sharing with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment